Like Android and iOS devices, Microsoft also offers the “Find My Device” feature on its Windows laptops. If the user’s laptop is lost or stolen, this feature can be used to remotely find and lock the device.
Microsoft’s “Find My Device” function is so much more than a simple device finder that it’s like describing a “car” with only four wheels and a steering wheel. An online service is a very capable PC manager, perhaps even more than Windows itself.
When Microsoft offers affordable devices, such as Windows phones, performance has made a lot of sense. You would think that most of that number disappeared when Microsoft dropped Windows 10 Mobile. In time, however, the opposite happened.
Find My Device and the Microsoft account for your “devices” account are almost the same. The account.microsoft.com/devices account must be stored as your homepage for managing your PCs. If you have not already done so, sign in with your Microsoft account.
A list of Windows devices associated with your account should appear. It can be one or more.
However, this feature requires an active internet connection, and laptops are not always connected to the network, which makes tracking a lost device a trick.
Requirements for using Microsoft’s Find My Device:
- Laptop should be linked to a Microsoft account with administrator access. Location services must be enabled.
- The device requires an active Internet connection.
- This feature does not work with a school / work account.
- How do I enable the “Find My Device” feature on a Windows laptop?
- Step 1: Open the “Settings” program on your laptop.
- Step 2: Then go to “Update & Security”.
- Step 3: Tap the “Find my device” option and open the switch.
- How do I recover a lost or stolen laptop?
- Step 1: Go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices and sign in with the same Microsoft account associated with your laptop.
- Step 2: Select the “Find my device” tab.
- Step 3: Now tap on the lost or stolen Windows laptop you want to find and select “Search”.
- Step 4: A map will be displayed showing the location of your device. How does Windows laptop crash? Once you have located your device location on the map, tap ‘Lock’ and then ‘Next’.
- Spider-Man No Way Home’s 2nd Trailer Ft. Tom Holland Is Ready & Will Soon Release?
- Amazon Quiz: This is the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pattadakal located in which Indian state?
- Amazon Quiz: In the 2019 Women’s World Cup for this sport, who placed second?
- Amazon Quiz: In the movie ‘Bell Bottom’ which of these actors plays a RAW agent?
- Amazon Quiz: The celebration of the marriage between the crown prince of Bavaria and Princess Therese von Sachsen in 1810 led to what annual occasion?